Property ID : A614
For Sale €575,000.00 - Detached House
Fabulous south facing modern family house nestled in the beautiful Serra Do Açor mountain range right by the banks of the River Alva. This large six bedroom home is spacious and light and has numerous relaxing and entertaining areas, both inside and out.
Well planned and easily- maintained gardens surround the home complete with sun terraces, lawns, swimming pool (with bathroom and storage area/changing rooms), kitchen garden, orchard, garaging, twin car-ports, rustic kitchen/BBQ area/ Bathroom. To the rear of the property is a barn and wood store with gravelled parking to the front. This leads on to a fenced paddock area ideal for domestic animals (goats/sheep/chickens etc.) and through into a wonderful shady forest area.
Located: 3km from Arganil, 15km from Tábua, both towns having all the necessary local amenities, and 40km from the historic university city of Coimbra.
Land Area: 9.750 m²
Useful Area: 411,35 m2
- Glass front door leading to lobby area and large open hallway with stairs to second floor.
- Spacious modern kitchen with fitted appliances. Double doors to breakfast patio area and courtyard garden.
- Utility room with space for washing machine and tumble dryer leading to machine room with heating/hot water equipment.
- Large living room and diner with central wood burning fire. Four sets of French doors leading to large veranda with glass balustrades. Views to swimming pool area (with bathroom and storage area/changing room).
- Games room/Library with double doors to courtyard garden and open to hallway.
- Cloakroom with enclosed shower, toilet and basin.
Granite stairs with glass balustrade leading to first floor and open galleried landing overlooking the hallway. Access to huge loft area with fitted loft ladder.
- Master suite with French doors onto balcony.
- Door to separate fully fitted dressing room
- Door to ensuite bathroom fitted with shower, large bath, twin basins inset into bespoke vanity unit. Door leading to lavatory with toilet, bidet and basin.
- Bedroom No. 2 – Double room with ensuite facilities (Shower enclosure, toilet, bidet and vanity basin). Fitting wardrobes with sliding doors.
- Bedroom No. 3 – Double room with ensuite facilities (Shower enclosure, toilet, bidet and vanity basin). Fitting wardrobes with sliding doors.
- Bedroom No. 4 – Currently used as an office.
Glass doors leading from courtyard garden to spacious modern apartment/annexe.
- Living/dining room with corner wood burner. Fully fitted kitchen area with granite counter tops and breakfast bar.
- Bedroom 5 – Double room with french doors leading to patio area and views of pool and gardens.
- Bedroom 6 – Double room with french doors leading to patio area and views of pool and gardens.
- Bathroom with large shower area, vanity and toilet.
Courtyard area with Pergola, lawns, seating/eating areas.
- Rustic kitchen with Brick built BBQ, Bread/Pizza Oven, Sink, space for fridge and electric/gas oven.
- Door to bathroom with shower enclosure, basin and toilet.
- Door leading to large garage with sink and cupboards, electric garage door. Currently been used as a home gym.
- To the front of the garage is a large double carport.
The courtyard area leads to kitchen garden (with polytunnel) and orchard area.
Just off the courtyard is a fully enclosed dog run with insulated sleeping room.
Gate from courtyard into rear gravel area with barn and wood store. Double gates to front garden. Access to paddock and forest.
The house and apartment were built in 2014 and benefit from full thermic and acoustic insulation and underfloor oil central heating.
Fresh water is via Borehole (Brand new pump in 2016) or mains water.
Drainage via Septic Tank
Solar energy for hot water
This house could easily lend itself to multi-generational living or could be used as Bed and Breakfast or self-catering accommodation particularly given the proximity to the River Alva (150m) and the wonderful Praia Fluvial da Peneda da Cascalheira (River Beach). Locally there are plenty of cafes, bars and restaurants within easy walking distance.